Gold Leaf Easter Eggs

Monday, March 30, 2015

Easter is this weekend so I think its time to start decorating some eggs! I first used gold foil sheets over Halloween on a few mini pumpkins and I couldn't wait to foil something else! So here it goes...

Supplies:

  • Carton of Eggs
  • Pack of Martha Stewart Foil Sheets, (Copper, Gold or Silver)
  • Gilding Adhesive. I used the Martha Stewart Brand
  • Paint or dye kit
  • Paintbrushes
  • Paper to protect work surface


Step One: I usually dye my Easter eggs with those kits you find at the grocery store but I had some new paints I wanted to try so I decided to use them. Using a foam brush paint the surface of the eggs and let them dry completely. I love the colors but let's just say that dying them is a lot easier than painting them :)

Step Two: Apply the gilding adhesive and don't worry about coating the entire surface of the egg since we are going for the speckled look. Wait for the adhesive to go from wet to tacky.

Step Three: Take the foil sheet and press it against the egg and move it around until the desired surface of the egg is covered.



The gold foil gives the eggs a touch of glam, and I couldn't be happier with how they turned out! Happy foiling and Happy Easter!

xo, Jordan


You Might Also Like

0 comments